- attendees of Maris Dusan events;
- customers and prospective customers and their representatives;
- subscribers to Maris Dusan publications and newsletters;
- visitors to Maris Dusan locations; and
- suppliers and business partners and their representatives.
3. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
4. WHICH CATEGORIES AND SPECIFIC PIECES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS?
Maris Dusan can process information about you collected directly from you both offline and online, including when you use Maris Dusan site or attend a Maris Dusan event. Information about you may also be provided to Maris Dusan by selected third party sources, such as data aggregators who may not have a direct relationship with you or by third parties who collect information about you on behalf of Maris Dusan.
Specific pieces of information about you that Maris Dusan may collect and process depending on your interaction with Maris Dusan, includes:
- name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers;
- demographic attributes, when tied to personal information that identifies you;
- photographs that identify you and testimonials;
- transactional data, including products and services ordered, financial details and payment methods;
- company data such as the name, size and location of the company you work for and your role within the company as well as publicly available company information and activity associated with company data;
- data from surveys conducted by Maris Dusan or by third parties on behalf of Maris Dusan and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- call recording and chat transcript data from Sales and customer support calls and live chat sessions or interviews;
- unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location;
- information about a device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of “apps”, screen resolution, and the preferred language;
- certain location or geolocation information you provide directly or through automated means, if you choose to enable location based services from your device or Maris Dusan app; and
- behavioral data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
5. WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information for the following business purposes:
- to communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Maris Dusan;
- to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services;
- to manage the security and operation of our sites, facilities, and networks and systems; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
We may use personal information for the following commercial purposes:
- to market our products and services or related products and services, and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to your or your company’s interests; and
These purposes are described below in further detail.
To communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Maris Dusan
If you get in touch with us (such as by submitting contact forms on our sites, reaching out to us via phone, attending Maris Dusan events or other occasions, sending an email or by visiting social media platforms), we process information about you to communicate with you and to respond to your requests or other inquiries. We can also process personal information to interact with you on third party social networks.
To analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services
We may process personal information in order to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our site and products and services, including for quality assurance and training purposes, as well as for marketing and sales campaigns. This includes processing personal information to conduct surveys to improve Maris Dusan products and services.
To manage the security of our sites, facilities, networks and systems
We may collect site use data for security and operations management to help keep our sites, locations, networks and systems secure, or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, including ad fraud and cyber-attacks and to detect bots.
To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business
In some cases, we have to process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a request from a regulator or to defend a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the performance and operation of our business, such as to conduct internal audits and investigations or for finance and accounting and archiving and insurance purposes.
To market our products, services, events, or related products and services and to tailor marketing and sales activities
Maris Dusan may use information about you to notify you about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters). Maris Dusan may also use personal information to advertise Maris Dusan’s products and services or related products and services, and also to have our distributors, resellers or partners notify you about our products or services or their related products or services (such as via joint sales or product promotions). We do our best to tailor your website visit, marketing experience and our communications to your expressed interests.
If you attend an event, Maris Dusan may process information about you gathered in relation to the event and can share information about your attendance with your company.
We may also process your personal information to post testimonials on our site, but will first obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
6. WHAT IS OUR BASIS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
For personal information collected about you in the EU/EEA, the UK and other relevant jurisdictions, our basis for processing is the following:
- We rely on our legitimate interestin processing contact and related information about you in order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests.
- In order to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases of our products and services, we need to process information about you as necessary to enter into or perform a contractwith you.
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities (including events) based on your consentwhere so indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to keep you updated on developments around our products and services which may be of interest to you.
- We rely on our legitimate interestto analyze, develop, improve and optimize our sites, facilities, products and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks and systems.
- In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
7. FOR WHAT PERIOD DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
Maris Dusan maintains personal information for the following retention periods:
- Information about you we collect to engage in transactions with our customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases of our products and services, will be retained for the duration of the transaction or services period, or longer as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
- If you have registered for our newsletters and blogs, including Maris Dusan newsletter, your subscription data will be retained for as long as you are subscribed to our distribution lists. Maris Dusan retains records of that deletion for 30 days.
- Contact information such as your email address or phone number collected online on our site or offline from our interactions with you at Maris Dusan events and conferences, and used for direct marketing and sales activities will be retained for as long as we have an active (customer) relationship with you. We treat you as an active contact if (i) you have interacted with Maris Dusan or updated your contact details and preferences in the past 18 months; and (ii) you have not made a deletion request.
- If you have reached out to us via our phone line and you have not opted out of call recording, we will delete call recordings 60 days after the call has concluded unless otherwise specified during the call.
- If you have visited an Maris Dusan location, the personal information needed to allow you to enter the facility will be held for one year after your last visit for records retention purposes.
- Personal information needed to retain your opt-out preferences is retained for 20 years (or longer as necessary to comply with applicable law).
8. WHEN AND HOW CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Sharing within Maris Dusan
Information about you may be shared throughout Maris Dusan’s organization. Maris Dusan employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
Sharing with third parties
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a business purpose:
- Third-party service providers (for example, credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of Maris Dusan;
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a commercial purpose:
- Maris Dusan distributors or resellers for further follow-up related to your interests, specific partners that offer complementary products and services or with third parties to facilitate interest-based advertising; and
- Event partners or conference sponsors for Maris Dusan events such as when you scan your badge at a sponsored booth.
9. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED?
Maris Dusan has implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
10. WHAT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE ON OUR SITES?
Cookies and similar technologies (e.g., pixels tags and device identifiers) are used by Maris Dusan and our advertising technology partners to recognize you and/or your device(s) on, off and across different services and devices for the purposes specified in Section 5 above.
Cookies are small text files that contain a string of characters and uniquely identify a browser on a device connected to the Internet. We place cookies in your browser when you visit Maris Dusan site and non-Maris Dusan sites that host our plugins or tags. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be presented with different consent options, including the option to reject all non-essential cookies, prior to Maris Dusan placing cookies on your browser. Visitors from all jurisdictions are provided with functionality to opt out of non-required cookies using the cookie preferences tool.
- How can I manage my cookie preferences?
If you are a visitor or our sites, you can use our cookie preferences tool to opt out of cookies that are not required to enable core site functionality, such as advertising and functional cookies.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You can exercise your privacy rights in accordance with applicable laws. You have multiple privacy rights, subject to applicable law, in respect of the information we process about you:
- Opt-out of our use or sharing of your personal information
You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for email marketing by Maris Dusan.
- Delete personal information
You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you.
- Change or correct personal information
You can edit some of the information about you by. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information
You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
- Right to access and/or have your information provided to you
You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine readable form if you reside in the EU, California or other jurisdiction that provides you this right as a matter of law.
If you are authorized to make an access or deletion request on behalf of a data subject, please reach out to us via email and indicate that you are an authorized agent. We will provide you with instructions on how to submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a data subject.
12. DO YOU COLLECT SENSITIVE INFORMATION AND INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you do not send us, and do not share any sensitive personal information (for example, government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
Maris Dusan’s site is not directed to minors and Maris Dusan does not promote or market its services to minors,
13. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you and the categories of personal information we sold (see Section 4);
- the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information (see Section 4);
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you (see Section 5); and
- the categories of third parties to whom we sold or otherwise disclosed personal information (see Section 8).
- delete personal information we collected from you (see Section 11); or
- opt-out of any future sale of personal information about you (see Section 11).
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. If you are an authorized agent making an access or deletion request on behalf of a Californian resident, please reach out to us via email and indicate that you are an authorized agent. We will provide you with instructions on how to submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a Californian resident.
If you are a California resident, you may obtain information about exercising your rights, as described above, by contacting us at (212) 879-1313.
15. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Written inquiries to the Data Protection Officer may be addressed to:
Maris Dusan LLC.
Data Protection Officer
629 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065
16. DISPUTE RESOLUTION OR FILING A COMPLAINT
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that you believe we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. Under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority if you are a resident of a European Union member state.
17. MARIS DUSAN HEADQUARTERS
Maris Dusan’s headquarter is located at:
629 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065
Tel: (212) 879-1313